Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead
Regent Education is the leading Software-as-a-Service provider of independent, highly automated financial aid management software solutions supporting diverse enrollment models for higher education institutions in the U.S. Backed by leading ed-tech venture investors, Regent’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems to provide institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, new program growth opportunities, and enhanced financial aid services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid, program growth, enrollment management, and financial aid counseling strategies. Regent’s solutions are deployed at 20% of the top 50 online institutions in the country, powering more than $2.5BB in highly automated financial aid disbursements annually.
This position is to join the Regent Product Development team, which focuses on delivering high-quality products to our customer base using the Agile development model. The Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead will participate in the design, implementation, and testing of multiple SaaS products geared toward the higher-education market. Specifically, s/he will:
- Lead the development of modern front-end web applications including a focus in responsive design;
- Assign tasks and perform code reviews with development team members;
- Design products using the latest tools and methodologies;
- Develop and automate unit tests;
- Develop and support queries and stored procedures using SQL Server;
- Lead and provide guidance in the design and development of functional and technical specifications;
- Provide development leadership to set standards and define best practices for coding and design for other team members;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various Regent team members; and
- Address software defects with timely resolution.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience
- Experience developing enterprise applications using the .Net Framework, C#, MVC, Node.js, Web Services/Web APIs, and SQL Server
- Experience in object-oriented design and development
- Experience with databases, SQL, stored procedures, and reporting
- Experience developing software products with complex business rules and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals in the development of business systems and providing direction to the development team
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving and working in a fast-paced software development environment
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality work
Nice to Have
At Regent Education, we partner with higher education to unlock financial resources for aspiring students. We focus on alignment with our university-partners’ values and goals, and we celebrate the outcomes that our platform enables for their students.
We’re a venture-backed SaaS company that has championed (both pre- and post-Covid) a remote-friendly AND efficient distributed team culture and capabilities.
No job is too big or too small for anyone in the company. It is a team approach, and all levels of the organization work together.
Collectively, our professionals have hundreds of years of experience in financial aid and higher education enterprise system development and deployment.
We provide comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, AD&D and Life insurances as well as a 401k match and FSA/HSA options.
Regent Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to [email protected].