Junior Business Analyst
Regent is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of financial aid management software solutions with nearly 40 years of industry experience. The company’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems. Regent provides institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, and enhanced services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid and recruitment strategies. Our clients achieve greater efficiencies, reduced errors, and enhanced student experiences, which translate into a positive, measurable Return on Investment within the first year. Regent software automates and streamlines key financial aid processes, such as packaging, awarding, tracking, reporting, and disbursements. Regent’s solutions enable institutions to effectively execute their financial aid and enrollment strategies while enabling the 21st century student to access information anytime, anywhere, via any device, and in any language.
This individual will play an active hands-on role in all aspects of the SDLC and will focus his/her efforts on the development of functional requirements for Regent’s product development teams. This position will work closely with all organizations ensuring that requirements are clearly defined, tested and documented. The ideal candidate for this role will have been a Junior Business Analyst working on externally facing web-based software/SaaS solutions.
- Under senior BA leadership, elicit and document detailed requirements for product enhancements
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language against strict release deadline schedule
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Apply excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, developers and other subject matter experts
- Collaborate with developers and other subject matter experts to establish the product vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Actively participate in the QA process by defining and clarifying use cases in collaboration with QA team members
- Two to four years’ experience working as a junior associate in software development or a financial aid/financial aid systems management
- Proven ability to define detailed business and/or functional requirements with internal or external client stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, a definite team player attitude, with a deep commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to work remotely while contributing to team culture
- Results-oriented with a commitment to meeting deadlines
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with both traditional BRD, technical/non-functional spec and agile user story documentation
- Background developing enterprise software systems and complex integrations
- Experience with UI/UX design teams
- Experience working with customers in a collaborative development environment utilizing both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Mobile applications experience working with UX design consultant
Working at Regent Education
The company allows casual dress and offers a results-based, entrepreneurial work environment. We want the best and brightest who are self-starters and can act to achieve results. We are a team-based culture with a “Can Do” attitude and always strive to exceed expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, a 401(k) plan with a company match as well as bonuses for exceptional performance. Based in Frederick MD, Regent offers a stress-free reverse commute from the Washington D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to [email protected].